Rivadavia offers the 6 hours behind-the-wheel driving course to under 18’s who have completed driver’s education. The training is divided into 3 days, at 2 hours per day. It includes free pick-up and drop-off and the certificate of completion for a total of $660, paid per lesson.
The 6 hour program may include:
- Right of way
- Lane changes
- Stop signs
- Traffic lights
- Hill driving
- Heavy traffic
- Bike lanes
- U-turns, 3 point turns
- One-way streets
Above topics are covered as time permits as well as the individual student’s abilities and experience. Additional hours may be required to cover all skills listed.
- Be sure to bring your valid California learner’s permit to each lesson
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes to get to your location once your lesson finishes as classes are back to back. This means when one lesson ends, the next one begins. For example, if your lesson is from 1-3pm, at 3pm you will pick up the next student and he/she will drive you to your destination.
- Instructor takes a 10 min bathroom break during a 2 hour session
- Strict 24 hour cancellation policy: if you cancel with less than a 24 hour notice, you must pay the full $220 class fee. By booking with us, you agree to our policy.
- There is a $40 replacement fee to issue a duplicate certificate.
What to expect:
Whether you are a beginner or advanced, all students start in the driver seat. If you have zero experience, your instructor may control the pedals from the passenger side until you get to a parking lot and go over basics. Beginners start in a residential area while intermediate/advanced teen drivers will hone skills in traffic zones. If you have enough driving experience by your 3rd lesson, we will prepare you for the driving test using our driving test simulations.
To get a permit:
If you are under seventeen and a half, you must first go to the DMV, present your certificate of Drivers Education and pass a written exam.
Teen’s procedure to get a driver’s license:
- Complete Driver’s Education
- Obtain a learner’s permit from DMV after passing a written exam
- Take 6 hour behind-the-wheel course to obtain a certificate of completion
- Practice driving with parent/guardian for 50 hours
- Take driving test after 6 months of having your permit